- Does the VEF 2.0 Program provide funding for my graduate study?
At the moment, we do not offer financial support. We will guide all qualified applicants through steps in the application process and provide letters of recommendation from prominent Vietnamese professors/professionals, most of whom are VEF Alumni, and U.S. professors, together with mentoring/advising sessions so that they can apply to and get full funding from U.S. universities.
- Do I need to request my GRE or TOEFL/IELTS scores to be sent from the testing centers, such as ETS, to the VEF 2.0 Program?
No, you just need to upload the scanned official score reports to your online application. If the official score reports arrive too late or are not available by the deadline of the program, you may temporarily upload online score reports and send us the official ones via email later.
- The latest GRE test available is just before the deadline of the VEF 2.0 Program and it will take a while for the scores to be released. Do I need to submit my GRE scores or just the evidence that I took the GRE test before the deadline and then send my scores later?
You just need to take the GRE test before the deadline. Then, you can temporarily upload the online scores in PDF file to the application form, and send us the official scores later. Usually, the online GRE verbal and quantitative scores will be available shortly after the test. If your writing score is not available by the deadline, please input '0' into the application form and send us the final one as soon as you receive it.
- Where can I find the online application form for the VEF 2.0 Program?
The online application form for the 2021 VEF 2.0 Program will be officially opened on February 15, 2020. In the meantime, you may take a look at the sample application here to prepare necessary documents and information in advance.
- Are there any differences between applicants working for governmental, non-governmental, companies, or private sector organizations?
No, we do not differentiate working sectors. Candidates are selected strictly based on their academic and research merits.
- Are applicants required to have work experience to apply for the VEF 2.0 Program?
No, applicants do not need to have work experience.
- I am currently in my last undergraduate (senior) year, can I apply for the VEF 2.0 Program? I haven’t received my Bachelor’s degree and haven’t known the final GPA yet, what should I do to complete my application?
Yes, students in their senior year can apply so long as they get the Bachelor’s degree before starting their graduate study in the U.S., i.e. for the 2021 VEF 2.0 Program, applicants should have received Bachelor’s degree by August 2021.
If you haven't graduated yet, you should get a certification from your university which clearly states your expected date of graduation, your most up-to-date cumulative GPA and upload that to your online application.
- My GPA is on a scale other than the 10-point scale, how can I convert my GPA to the 10-point scale?
You can use this conversion table to convert your GPA.
- I got my Bachelor’s degree from a private university in Vietnam, not a public one. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, you are. We do not differentiate public or private universities.
- I have my degree from an overseas country. Am I eligible to apply?
Yes, you are.