As a result of difficulties experienced by applicants due to the COVID-19 outbreak in Vietnam, the United States, and other countries in the world, the deadline for submission of applications to the 2021 VEF 2.0 Program has been extended to 10:00 am (Vietnam Time) July 30, 2020.
The TOEFL/IELTS and GRE requirements have also been temporarily adjusted as follows:
* Applicants can submit expired TOEFL/IELTS and/or GRE scores to complete their applications. They will be asked to provide updated scores later.
In the meantime, TOEFL has released a special edition of the TOEFL iBT test that students can take at home. Please visit https://www.ets.org/s/cv/toefl/at-home/ for more information.
IELTS is also continuing to update testing protocols due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit https://www.ielts.org/en-us/news/2020/covid19-information-for-our-global-test-taker-community for the most up-to-date information.
* Applicants in Vietnam can choose to register for the institutional test organized by the VEF 2.0 Program, which models after the GRE test, with quantitative and verbal components only (details available in the application form). The new tentative timelines are as follows:
- In Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City: June 28 and August 9, 2020 (the venues will be informed later via email to registered applicants).
- In the central region (Hue/Da Nang): June 28 and August 9, 2020 (if there is sufficient number of applicants, and the venues will be informed later via email to registered applicants).
* Applicants who are in very difficult situations and cannot manage to have TOEFL/IELTS and/or GRE scores before the deadline should email to the VEF 2.0 Program at firstname.lastname@example.org for special consideration.